Thursday, June 30, 2011


Today, we didn't have anything going on--no excursions, no plans. We had a day to ourselves, which was a nice way to come down from the hectic traveling and 3:00 a.m. wake-up call that was yesterday.

We woke up with Nora around 7:00 a.m., and played for a little while my mom slept in. Nora was already ready for a nap by about 8:30, so we put her down for one and we all lounged around, waiting for her to wake up.

Our condo hotel, Porto Playa Condo Hotel, is affiliated with the Indigo Beach Club. As a result, we have free breakfast at Indigo Beach every morning, so once Nora was awake again, we walked there (a few blocks away) to check it out for the first time.

It was so nice to be able to eat with our toes in the sand. Paradise, I tell you.

The breakfast includes buffet items like toast, fresh fruit, sweet breads, cereal, etc. Then, you can also get eggs, quesadillas, hash browns, bacon, beans, etc. to order. Good stuff.

We asked for a high chair for Nora, and they brought one for us. It was hilarious, though, because it was super high up! She was essentially sitting above us when we were seated, too. It looked like she was perched on a throne.

Looks like a milk mustache, but it was actually yogurt with some fruit cocktail mixed in. :) She gobbled down the first little bowl that I got for her, so I went to get her a refill. As I walked back to the table, I could see that she had turned around to watch me go, and her little eyes were peeking up over the back of the chair!

After breakfast, we walked the couple of blocks back up to 5th Avenue, which is where the majority of the shops and restaurants are. We walked around for a little bit, checking out some of the shopping.

Nora helped Daddy select some tequila!

It didn't take long until we were all sweating and hot as hell, so we went back to the condo to hang out by the pool.

Nora sported her bikini and shades. She seemed to fit right in.

Although she enjoyed the pool (it was so refreshing!), she was tired again, so we went inside to put her down for her afternoon nap. While she slept, my mom, Michael, and I headed up to our private rooftop patio and relaxed in the sun.

After a little while, it suddenly began to pour, so we took cover and ran back inside. We settled in again on our covered balcony to watch the storm.
Soon, Nora was up, so we brought her out with us and fed her on the balcony, then she played with my mom.
We were invited to Kelly and Murray's rehearsal dinner, so we gave ourselves plenty of time to get ready. Nora was first--she needed a bath! Since the condo didn't have any bathtubs, we settled for the kitchen sink. :)
We were all ready with some time to spare, so we ended up heading back to last night's restaurant for more fabulous margaritas. Our waitress from last night, who absolutely adored Nora, remembered us, and continued to dote on our girl.

Once again, Nora was a big fan of the margarita straws.

The rehearsal dinner was great; we were honored to be included. It was fun to get to know some of the other wedding guests and hang out with all of the other family members in town for the nuptials. Once again, we had Nora up way past her bedtime. Poor kid.

Tomorrow, we have a big group excursion planned--the Tulum ruins and Xel-ha park!


Blogger template 'Fundamental' by 2008.

Jump to TOP

Blogger templates by